Saturday, October 18, 2008

i'm sensing a theme in my fabric buying. . .


Here are some bibs that I made for a friend who is having a baby. It wasn't until I was finished with them that I realized all of the fabric I chose had a blue/turquoise background. I want to keep them. But I won't. Still a little too girlie for baby C.

I have a bib that I really like the shape of that I just used as a pattern (cut a little wider than bib. Sew right sides together leaving an opening, turn right side out and top stitch). On the back I used terrycloth and flannel, but I think I like the terrycloth best. It makes the bib feel a little more substantial. Coolest of all though is the nifty snap presser thing my MIL gave me 5+ years ago that I never took out of the package because I had NO idea what on earth I would use it for. Laying in bed one night I realized the coolness of the tool and remembered where I had put it in my closest (a small miracle indeed). So. The bibs close with a snap. It's wonderful!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've totally been lurking on your site (like every day!) and love all the crafts you post as well as your links to other craft sites. I really like these bibs and was wondering if it would be possible for you to put your pattern shape on here? No need for a full tutorial--just the shape would be ever so helpful!! Thanks!

liz said...

lisalou - sure! i'll get a bib up for you as soon as i can fix my scanner! thanks!