Sunday, February 22, 2009

my turn

Hey Tracy - it's my Birthday today... not tomorrow. Ha! We've been best friends since we were 13 years old and neither one of us can remember WHICH DAY the other's Birthday is on. Actually, Tracy sent me some fun napkins that I will take a picture of (unless Tracy did and wants to post them herself). Oh yeah, the point. Pumpkin Cheesecake! Every year since I can remember my mom made pumpkin cheesecake for my Birthday. When I left for college she would send me the ingredients. The past couple of years my good friend has made it. Today, my husband made it. It was the first time he ever has and I thought it was very sweet of him.
Here's the recipe. It's easy. And involves Jello no-bake cheesecake, so it's sort of like cheating. OK - it is cheating, but there so much less guilt involved when finishing off a 9" pie full by myself because no one else in the house likes it...

1 pkg Jello Cheesecake (sold at Target for only $1.59!)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 c. pumpkin
3/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
cool whip

Crust: Prepare crust of cheesecake mix per instructions on box.

Filling: Combine all dry ingredients. Add pumpkin, milk, and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 3 minutes. Pour mixture into crust. Chill for at least 1 hr. Put whip cream on top before serving.

Yum!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you got your cheesecake.That sounds delightful!
♥Jen

Unknown said...

happy birthday liz!!! you are SO great!!!
xo