Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"balentines" gifts

My 4 1/2 year old used to say "balentines day". She doesn't anymore, but I miss the way she used to mispronounce certain words. Oh well... part of getting older.

If you haven't tried applique on a shirt - you gotta do it. It's seriously addictive.
I just used a shirt that was all ready in her closet. I cut the arms and the bottom of the shirt to make the edge roll a little. If you're looking for cheap t-shirts to applique on Walmart (I know, boo... hiss...) has them for only $3.50, and they're pretty cute actually. I like to use the Steam-A-Steam to appllique with on most things so the edges don't fray as much. I embroidered A+D on the trunk of the tree (Anna + Daddy). Fun.
I may still make a shirt for Carson, but am not sure... boys are tricky for Valentines Day. I thought this (hearts cars) was a cute idea - not so obviously Valentines. I bought the tie pattern here, although you can get it free for bigger sizes here (you have to scroll through all their free patterns to find it). I probably could have figured out how to make it smaller, but sometimes, it's nice to have someone else think for you. The ties are so easy and fun to make and only take 30 minutes or so. This may become our new birthday gift for all our little boyfriends at church.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The tie is awesome!!! I would pay you to make some for D! Oh, and the tree is priceless!
♥Jen

- Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.