Tuesday, May 19, 2009

finally 5

My daughter has been waiting to turn 5 since the day she turned 4. Yesterday it finally came! I believe that on your birthday you should get to wear a new outfit. It's just part of the birthday deal. Here is Anna's outfit. The skirt is part of the "collection".The Edith Twirl Skirt was very easy to make. It's basically a bunch of rectangles that are gathered with a waistband. The pattern only goes up to size 6, but if you have a daughter who would wear such a poofy skirt that's bigger, it could EASILY be adapted. In fact, you'd just have to add to the length because the width on all of the pieces (except for lining at 30") is 44".
I saw this idea out there somewhere and was excited to copy the idea. I'm not sure she "gets" what the marks are, but she said she liked it anyway...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! I love the shirt--I made a 1 shirt for my daughter and she wore it all winter. Where do you find the time?

liz said...

well . . . if you ask my husband he'd say i don't have time because our house is a disaster zone right now! i'm REALLY trying to get the house picked up and cleaned before the sewing machine comes out. some days one or the other doesn't happen.

i like to sew and watch t.v. at night though.

- Tracy said...

I love it!! She is so big I miss her you need to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Liz, this is so cute! Where do you find all of your clever ideas? You have totally inspired me. I took a "basic" sewing class refresher and went out and bout a serger. I'm very excited. Thanks for inspiring me!

ali said...

very very cute! I love the "5" marks, that's an adorable idea!

**must clean my sewing room**

Unknown said...

So cute! She will know what the shirt means soon enough, tallying is introduced right off the bat in kinder. :)
♥ Jen