Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sew not!

  It seems like no matter what I do I can't turn on my sewing machine. It might be because my sewing room is a disaster zone.  Not like a little mess, an official disaster zone. If only I had yellow caution tape I would be hanging it up all over the room. It really doesn't help that my husband has an immaculate bike room right next to my disaster. In fact, it makes me feel even worse. Tonight is the night I will be cleaning it up because I have projects to do. After seeing all of Liz's beautiful creations my fabric is just itching to be turned in to something three dimensional. 
  So, you ask "What Have you been doing with all of my creative free time,  if you haven't been sewing?". Well seasonal stuff has occupied a bit of time. I have a huge vegetable garden this year. Also I have been cooking like crazy, we have had a couple of BBQs at our house and for some reason the kitchen has been calling me lately.  I did complete a project last night with a youth church group I am in charge of and it was so fun.   

  We made linoleum stamps. I found linoleum blocks and carving tools at the art store. I had so much fun watching there creative  juices flow. One girl actually carved a bar from one of her choir teacher favorite songs to stamp on a thank you note for him. I really enjoyed doing this and my kids thought it was cool so I am going to have to add it to the list of summer project. I just hope they don't stab themselves with the carving tool. Well I guess it is a boring summer if you you don't have to go to the ER, right! ; )

3 comments:

ali said...

I think we are living parallel craft lives, I too have been wanting to carve my own linoleum stamps, and my sewing room is a mess.

- Tracy said...

I think you might be right! I will clean your craft room if you clean mine.

ali said...

I don't know, yours sounded worse than mine! Although that might be a good way for me to get rid of the fabric scraps (for some reason I can't seem to throw even the tiniest scraps away).

I'm tackling mine tomorrow so I can start sewing again...