Friday, November 21, 2008

Tiny Doughnuts


I am not sure why, but it seems that everything that is small is so much more desirable than its true to size counterpart. Especially when it comes to food. I think that is why I always tend to eat more of the snake size candy bars than I would if I where to eat a regular sized bar.  Anyhow I saw a picture of these delectable morsels and showed them to my children and then they where smitten they begged and begged until I final gave in and made them. I saw them first on the not Martha web site which has some really good ideas. (I think I will try the pies in a jar next) The doughnuts where fun.  We made a Cinnamon sugar, vanilla glazed and my personal favorite lemon poppy seed. This is perfect if you need a little something sweet or 5 of a little something sweet.  

2 comments:

Liz R. said...

those look dangerous! mmmm. . . doughnuts. . . were they hard to make?

hey! they have the cutest jars at target that would be fun for the pies. They are the small 8oz? size, but are short and wide.

i like the idea of putting it in jars and then freezing it.

Adam said...

wow! I'm hoping you'll want to make them again in about 3 weeks :) I agree with you on the small thing...I'm obsessed with all things tiny!