Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings Bag

 I love Daylight savings time, not so much in the spring but in the fall. I feel like someone has given me a gift on extra hour.  especial when I trick my kids and put them to bed an hour early : ) So what do I do with this extra hour?  So far watched a movie with my husband, worked out and sewed.  I tried out a new pattern I got from Sandi Henderson from Portabellopixie. This is the Market Bag and it is the first patten of hers I have tried. I really like her patterns not only is the tissue paper they are printed on a bit heavier, but the instructions are in a full color and in an easy to follow booklet.  Her patterns are a bit more pricey than your craft store brands but all of the dresses go up to size 8. So if you have two girls like I do. You can trace the pattern of the smaller size on pattern ease and cut out the bigger size.  It makes it a bit more economical that way..........but I saved the best part for last she allows people to sell items made from her patterns, unlike some of the other designers.  Happy Sewing.  

7 comments:

Liz R. said...

the bag turned out really cute! i just made a dress from one of her patterns and really like the little book of instructions.

Liz R. said...

btw - great attitude on the extra hour!

Lisa said...

I really like this bag--do you use it as a purse? What do you mean by trace the smaller size on pattern ease?

- Tracy said...

Lisa- Pattern ease is a product made for tracing patterns. I don't like to cut up any pattern I think I am going to use more than once. So I trace in on pattern ease or on sew in interfacing. I just lay the interfacing over the pattern and trace the size I need. (I think Liz is the one who gave me this idea) As for the bag you can use it as a purse the handle it is a little long but I think It would make a great diaper bag.

liz said...

I wanted to add that I don't trace my patterns if they are from joanns and i only paid $1. it's not worth the time it takes to trace in my opinon. . .

hey tracy - let me know if this comment gets emailed to you.

Lisa said...

You guys are so fun and an inspiration! I did a few things on your 13 days of Halloween and I am finally starting a blog! (So, my comments should show up with just Lisa, not Lisalou now because I changed my profile.) However, I did just sit around and complain how DST just messes up my kids' schedule and didn't do something productive like make the apron I have cut out on my sewing table. I actually got it at http://sewliberated.com/patterns.html and paid more than $1--for the first time! It is the emmeline and it is so cute. I found it through your link to angry chicken, so thanks! Hope you guys don't mind that I'm totally stalking you!

liz said...

we love your comments and glad you like our stuff!

i love the emmeline apron! that's what all of my SILs and MIL are getting for christmas. shhh. . .