Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Monkey Bread


My oldest daughter adores cinnamon rolls and like the rest of us her favorite part is the center. A couple of days ago I came along a recipe for monkey bread and thought how perfect this would be for my little Grace because she love monkeys as well. I just used the Challah recipe from the “Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day”. I rolled the dough into balls Grace dipped them in butter and Ava sprinkled on the cinnamon and brown sugar.  We left the dough to rise for an hour then put it in the oven. Soon enough our house was filled with the amazing sent of cinnamon and freshly baked bread. After it had cooled we glazed the top with an orange powered sugar glaze. I have to say this was so easy and so perfectly yum. I really enjoyed watching the girls giggle as they sticky fingered pulled the bread apart, and devoured it. I can’t say enough about this book I have used it so much. There most defiantly is a part of me that feels like I am being a good homemaker if I can supply my family with fresh baked things. Maybe thats a little “Leave it to Beaver” But I guess I am a little old fashioned.

4 comments:

liz said...

mmmm... looks so tasty... i was looking at that challah bread recipe. i did the olive oil bread recipe for my pizza the other night and it turned out divine!

orange glaze. how do you make that?

ali said...

Yum! I'll have to get that book...

Andrea said...

K. This is the second time I have heard about this book and as amazing at it is, I have one hang up about buying it... I WILL make bread and EAT ALL OF IT. You tell me how to resist when that smell fills my house. Is Shep eating it? tsk tsk! :)

dana said...

oh wow. that looks AMAZING. Thanks for your comment on MADE. I love knee pads too :)